Strawberry delight is such a simple recipe – yet it is nutritious too, providing you with a good source of protein which slows down the absorption of sugar. It’s a good alternative to yoghurt.
Although I’ve used strawberries in this recipe, you can use any soft fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or kiwi.
INGREDIENTS FOR STRAWBERRY DELIGHT
- 100 g of strawberries (or any other soft fruit)
- ¼ packet of Tofu (I use ClearSpring Organic)
- ½ banana (fresh or frozen)
- Optional – 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or a micro spoon of stevia
- A sprinkling of either desiccated coconut or seeds of your choice
Put 1 strawberry to one side. Put the remainder of the strawberries, the tofu and the banana into a blender. Blitz until smooth. Taste. If it’s not quite sweet enough, add the maple syrup or stevia and blitz for a few seconds more. Pour into a bowl. Decorate with sliced strawberries and your choice of sprinkling, and it’s ready to eat. I sometimes pop this Strawberry Delight into a freezer for 20 minutes. During this time, tiny ice-crystals begin to occur without freezing it entirely. This makes it ice-cream like, which I like, but maybe it’s just my taste!
Trackback from your site.