Makes 3-4 portions
- 1 rounded teaspoon coconut oil (solid at room temperature) or ghee
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion (I like red – but brown or white is fine)
- 1 litre of water
- 6 medium/large carrots – sliced or chopped
- ½ medium Sweet Potato – chopped into small chunks
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves (remove the most of the stems)
- 3 teaspoons of red lentils
- good pinch of rock or sea salt
- good grind of black pepper
In a medium/large saucepan melt the coconut oil or ghee. When hot, sizzle the cumin seeds and turmeric for 30 seconds to bring out the flavour. Add the onions and continue to cook, and stir until the onion has softened. Add the water and all of the other ingredients. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes. Then with a potato masher – mash ‘the soup’ so the soup has a thick slightly uneven texture. If too thick, add a little water and reheat. Taste and if necessary adjust seasoning. Serve immediately. This carrot and coriander soup will freeze well.
Eat Well. Be Well 🙂
Trackback from your site.