INGREDIENTS FOR CREAMY RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE
Makes 1 large portion
- Half a banana*
- 100–120 g Frozen raspberries (depending on how thick you like your smoothie)
- 200 ml brown rice milk or almond milk. Brands that I use and recommend are; Rude Health, Plenish, Organic Rice Dream or Ecomil.
- 1 scoop of whey protein (I recommend Solgar’s Whey-to-Go Vanilla Powder or Pulsin Whey Protein Isolate)
- 1–2 tspns of greens powder (I use Udo’s Choice Beyond Greens) and/or a handful spinach
- 2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil (ensure it’s organic, virgin and cold pressed)
- Optionally, a small handful of spinach leaves
Melt the coconut oil by putting the jar/bottle into a saucepan of water and heat until it melts. Place The frozen raspberries into your blender first, then add all other ingredients apart from the coconut oil. Then carefully pour in the coconut oil, avoiding the frozen raspberries or the oil will harden again. Blitz. Enjoy immediately.
* Rice milk has a natural sweetness, so this smoothie without the banana is sweet enough for most people. Almond milk is nutritionally better for you – but not as sweet, so if it feels like you are missing the sweetness you crave, then add a micro-spoon of stevia extract – the purest of alternative sweeteners.
By-the-way, until you become accustomed to the slightly veggie/herby flavour of greens powder, stick to 1 teaspoon. And don’t skip the oil because you think it’s fattening: you need it! Good fats can help you lose weight and help reduce bad cholesterol.
If you are new to making smoothies, buying the speciality ingredients can be daunting, but I hope you will see it as an investment in your health. I am big fan of Udo’s Beyond Greens because it’s so nutritionally rich. It contains organic, fermented grasses, algae, spices, vegetables and seeds all which helps support your immune system. I buy Udo’s Beyond Greens and (other super foods such as whey protein) from Body Kind who are typically cheaper than Amazon or other health food shops.
Read my article Smoothies: Are they good for you?, which also includes how to make your own healthy smoothies.
Eat Well—Be Well 😊
Trackback from your site.