Rainbow trout is an ‘oily fish’ which means that it’s an excellent source of good fats in particular Omega 3. Rainbow trout has a slightly sweet flavour and has become of one of my favourite fish. This recipe is quick and easy to make and provides a nutritious main meal.
INGREDIENTS FOR RAINBOW TROUT
Makes 2 portions
- 1 medium whole rainbow trout*
- ½ lemon sliced
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ red onion very finely chopped
- 3 heaped teaspoons of natural yoghurt
- For the ‘pep’ choose either 3-5 cm (squirt from tube) of wasabi, or ¼—½ teaspoon of wholegrain mustard, or horse-raddish.
* Please ask your fishmonger to remove head, tail and guts. Most supermarkets now offer this service.
Heat oven to 200°C or slightly less for fan assisted or gas mark 6.
Mix the yoghurt, chopped red onion and your choice of ‘pep’. Cover and allow it to stand so the flavours marinade together.
Take the rainbow trout. Push the slices of lemon and sprigs of rosemary into the belly. Place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Grind a little black pepper on the trout. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
Lift fish out of the oven. Check the fish is thoroughly cooked through, by seeing if the flesh easily falls away from the bones. If cooked, remove the sprigs of rosemary and lemon slices. With a sharp knife, slice the fish horizontally. You can now easily remove the bones.
Place the two portions of fish on to warmed plates. Divide and spoon the yoghurt mixture on to the fish. Add the cooked lemon slices as garnish. Serve with a selection of green vegetables.
Eat Well—Be Well. 🙂
Trackback from your site.