Raspberry Overnight Oats are simply delicious! I kept seeing recipes on the popular healthy food blogs, but as if often the case, life is busy. Then I decided I had to try them out for myself. And in one try, I was converted! It’s super quick and easy to make and nutritious too. I can see endless possibilities using different fruit, spices or adding seeds and nuts – but for now you may like to try my first recipe – then experiment and let me know what turns out to be your favourite.
INGREDIENTS FOR RASPBERRY OVERNIGHT OATS
Per individual Serving
- 35 gms Old Fashioned Oats (jumbo oats)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 or 2 teaspoons seeds (pumpkin or sunflower or hemp or chia or…)
- 40 gms of frozen raspberries
- 100 ml almond, rice or other dairy-alternative milk
- optional additional small portion of fresh fruit such as pineapple, apple or mango chunks or blueberries
To make these Raspberry Overnight Oats, I used a small kilner jar—but you could easily use a plastic pot or even a large mug and cover it.
- Pour oats into your jar (pot or mug)
- Sprinkle cinnamon and seeds evenly over the oats.
- Place raspberries on top of the oats.
- Pour then or seed milk into the jar.
- Seal and pop into your fridge overnight.
Next morning, it’s ready to eat. The oats will have soaked up the milk and cinnamon and the raspberries have gone soft and sort-of melted into the oats too. You can eat straight out of the jar—which is convenient to take into work with you, or turn it out into bowl and then sprinkle with the small pieces of fresh fruit.
Eat Well—Be Well 😊