This Mint and Mango smoothie has a real ‘zing’ to it! If you’re missing your early morning caffeine ‘hit’ this smoothie will awaken your senses as well as help keep you full until lunchtime.
INGREDIENTS FOR ZINGY MINT AND MANGO SMOOTHIE
1 Large portion
- 150 g Frozen Mango
- A large handful of washed baby spinach leaves
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 1 scoop of whey protein (I use Solgar Whey-to-Go Vanilla)
- 2 large or 3 small/medium fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon of macadamia or flax seed oil
- 200 ml unsweetened organic almond milk (works particularly well with this recipe) or rice milk. Brands that I use and recommend are; Rude Health, Ecomil and Organic Rice Dream.
Place all the ingredients into the blender. Blitz. Enjoy!
If you are new to making smoothies, buying the speciality ingredients can be daunting, but I hope you will see it as an investment in your health. I buy Solar Whey to Go Vanilla from Body Kind. When choosing a whey protein, ensure it’s an isolate protein rather than concentrate as the latter is more aimed at the body-building market with added carbohydrates.
My dear friend Jodie Bell played with my Mango Smoothie recipe (I encourage you all to experiment like this) and switched to coconut milk and added a 2-3 inch chunk of cucumber. I love this variation too.
All of my smoothie recipes are nutritionally balanced. Read my article Smoothies: Are they good for you?, which also includes how to make your own healthy smoothies.
Eat Well—Be Well 🙂